Robron,inc (Rupp Karts) HOLIDAYS

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

robert stanton
Vintage Karting items owned: manufacturer

Robron,inc (Rupp Karts) HOLIDAYS

Post by robert stanton » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:31 am

I would like to Wish everyone out there in the Vintage Kart World a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR. Hope to see you at some karting events in 2012.

Scott Hanisch
Vintage Karting items owned: 196? Rupp Kart rolling chassis
196? Rupp chassis
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Robron,inc (Rupp Karts) HOLIDAYS

Post by Scott Hanisch » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:18 am

Hi and Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you too! You are the perfect person to ask these questions. Do they or did they ever make clamp style engine mounts for the Rupp karts swing mount? They bolt to the front part of the swing mount using rubber grommets just like the fixed welded ones and then they extend down and clamped on the engine frame cross member allowing you to place the mount anywhere from left to right! And if I have a early rupp kart with the wide steering hoop, 1/2 inch steering shaft and uni tie rod steering can I convert to convertional steering set up (equal lenght tie rods)? Thanks for all your info and help, oh btw I called you awhile back in the mid summer and asked a bunch of questions about your reproduction Rupp karts, I was from london ontario Canada, thanks for keeping these great pieces of American history alive and well, take care!

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:34 am

I will third Rob's wish for a great Christmas and a karting New Year for the whole Vintage crowd! My Christmas present is a new screened front entryway and back patio. It looks great, Thanks to Ron and Sue Cubel. Also, the Nike is sitting in the shop all mocked up with the engine mounted. Merry Christmas to me! Ted

jmendoza
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart A-Bone, HumBug, Macs and a Blender, Panthers.

Post by jmendoza » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:24 am

Right back at you Ron,
All the best from the Mendozas, Jay, Ben, and Bud.
#6 is now showing the ropes to my twin boys, they drove it twice this year at Adams, how time flies.
2012 will mark our 8th year running your A-Bone. Dart Kart chassis. So far, it's been bullet proof, handles great too, and just alot of fun to drive, plus it's a real "pro" kart that has racing pedigree. There is one thing to be said for something good and simple: It's simply good! :lol: Thus this Dart has now become an heirloom as it's being passed down to my kids.., it;s a continuing family, and American tradition.That is not to say however that dad, and Steve O don't forgo putting on a Big Mac for race day.

There is a lot to say for the safety and security of a newly fabricated chassis, and with my kids now driving it makes even more sense. For the person who wants to do alot of driving, this is the way to go. Plus the experience is just like the old days where you waited for the delivery truck to come, then you open the box, pull out the kart, bolt on the steering wheel, engine, clutch, chain, and hook up the throttle and gas lines, put in fuel and start it up!